Monday, March 29, 2021

 Here is the center block for the new project. As I wrote previously, the background fabric is not the usual plain white or cream or whatever.


My plan right now is to have a two part scalloped border, sort of like a lace trimmed valentine, and then a wider border with the companion applique to the heart. The background fabric was purchased several years ago but the patterns are from the 90s. Nancy Pearson died in 2015. I changed a couple of small elements in the heart, specifically the rosebuds that begin and end each side of the heart. It's obvious that I like bold colors rather than the subtle Japanese taupes that are so popular right now.

2 comments:

  1. That's a superb block, such detail in the choice of the tiny pieces. What dimensions am I looking at?
    I was surprised by the background fabric and am eagerly awaiting more. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big block, about 20 inches square so none of the pieces are tiny, tiny although a couple are only about 1/2 inch square. I think you can see why it has taken me a while to decide how to use this new neutral. Sometimes when I make a block even I am not excited but this one does pop with that whole, "Look at me!" vibe.

      Delete