Saturday, October 5, 2019

More On The Small Quilt

When I purchased these blocks at the estate sale, they had names pinned to them. There was one familiar name in the bunch, or at least familiar to me, but the rest were strangers. I have been trying to find these people or their heirs, since I already know several of them are dead, as I found obituaries. If anyone in Utah knows Marilyn Rankin, the late Laura Tomita Lyons, Carma Russell, Emily Lowe, Leslie Pappas, Sylvia Taylor, Brent Price, JoAnn Tyler, or Gail Knowlton I would be happy to send this small top to any one of them or their heirs. I know that if someone found a quilt with my mother's (or father's) name on it I would be thrilled to have it so perhaps there is someone out there who wants this.

On a different topic: I did finish piecing and marking the king sized Amish style quilt. I don't know when I am going to get to layering it as I still have painting to do at the new/old house and meetings with the granite counter fabricators as well. It's a huge step forward to have the cabinets in and soon the counters and appliances. There are still something like six weeks to go but that's better than six months.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I just saw this and you gave me this quilt top to finish. Carma Russell lives around the corner from me and she shopped at Bloomingsales when I worked there. Small Lake City!

    ReplyDelete