Sunday, October 6, 2019

Basting Layers

The young man for whom this quilt is intended lives in New Mexico. He said his favorite color was red. I asked if he wanted a melon slice, or a whole cloth, or an Amish style. Of course he had no idea because his mother doesn't sew and he even called all my thread yarn. But we honed in on Diamond in a Square with red being a dominant color.
I do remember from my early quilting days how hard it is to mark dark fabrics and it hasn't gotten a whole lot easier even with the latest mechanical pencil device and white leads. Oh well. I like it. I hope he will.

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt, especially the red color. This week I brought out of storage an amish wall hanging size quilt I purchased thirty years ago while traveling through Lancaster. The stitches are very tiny.

    ReplyDelete