Friday, June 14, 2019

Major Progress Though Miles To Go On The Washingtonian

I have been sewing by hand and by machine to move the new quilt forward. It started out as a double bed sized quilt and was requested to be a queen sized quilt so I had to add to the dimensions. I have the outside dimensions more or less correct now but I still need to decide what I am going to applique on the outer border. Sue Garman drew out an undulating vine of leaves and berries but I don't think I am going to stick to that entirely. We'll see after I draw out some ideas. In any case, here is the base ready to be decorated on the outer white border.

The sun went behind a cloud so the picture is fairly dark but you get the idea. I made the four inner blocks a little larger to allow for some nice quilting in the corners, I added some extra to both of the red and green borders so now they are three stripes with checker boards at the corners. I am making a mariner's compass in the main colors to stick somewhere. They tended to show up all over the place in old maps and this is to symbolize the various journeys this young woman has taken from her home in Utah to her current home in England. The bottom right block is described by the late Garman as a pineapple, hence the colors, and it will get some embroidery to enhance that. I think it's a thistle which would have fit the United Kingdom idea better but then it would have had purple with all that red and green and that might have been a little odd.

Donald Trump admitted to a crime this week and boldly stated that he would commit that crime again. There are all sorts of people who think that he made his outrageous comments to lift suspicion from Junior who testified this week. That could be true but it only means they are both criminals not that one is guilty and one not guilty with mistakes in understanding all the way around. Of course, DumDum John also called Prince Charles the Prince Of Whales this week.  

1 comment: