Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Weather Is Changeable

We have had a cooler and wetter spring though we did have ten days a little while ago where it was nearly 100F and as arid as the Sahara.   A series of cold fronts has been moving through over the last four days and the temperature is back to more normal (78F) but we have had some rain as well which isn't as normal.  Our tomatoes are already setting fruit and our potato plants are growing well.  The peonies are done for the year but the Shasta daisies are just starting and the lavender is full and lush. I ordered over 300 bulbs for planting in the fall. Most are various tulips but I also got some fritillaria meleagris. I had some in my previous yard and found them to be so charming and delightful that I thought I would get more.


No comments:

Post a Comment