Saturday, May 28, 2016

Closer and Closer

Over the course of the last three days I have finished two corners of the current project. There is echo/contour quilting in the narrow yellow border so lots of stitches but they go straight without turning back on themselves so the work is fairly quick. I also had time to take a walk with a friend and our four dogs, her two and my two, and meet one of my major success stories for lunch today. She is going into her senior year at Harvard, working at a hospital lab doing cell manipulation work for her senior thesis. Because she is quite poor, she is also working as a proctor for the high school kids who come to Harvard for summer school for her room and board. Even her vacation time is hard work.

Next week I am meeting with another one of my "kids". He just graduated from Yale and I don't know yet what his plans are. I am also meeting my most current tutee although I have no idea what we will even talk about. Perhaps she just wants to visit but she is so emotionally needy that I am afraid she sees me as some sort of earth mother--definitely not what I want anyone to think of me.




No comments:

Post a Comment