Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Reminder

Yesterday I finished quilting the last bunch of wisteria on my new quilt. Now that doesn't mean that I am done or that I am even close to being done but I am closer to being done. Here is the top pre-layering to show where the wisteria bunches are. The quilt has progressed since this photo was taken.
Finishing that part of the quilting reminded me of what I like best about hand quilting. I don't know about your life but most of mine seems never to accomplish much. The kitchen floor gets washed and the dogs come in with muddy feet. There are always windows to clean, and dinner to make, etc. But quilting changes the quilt right in front of my eyes, and once it's done, that part is done. I am the least patient person I know with very little tolerance for waiting in lines but hand quilting satisfies my need to get stuff done. That's probably why I only work on one quilt at a time since I loathe having projects simply waiting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment