Monday, February 8, 2016

City Quilter and the Big Apple

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend in NYC. Yesterday was our 46th wedding anniversary and we got married in New York plus there are several restaurants that are always on our "gotta go back" list so we had four days there. We saw the new Whitney museum and the Frank Stella retrospective that just ended. Both were marvelous. We also went to the Tenement Museum and took two of their educational tours. I found out after we got back to our room that my grandfather might have even lived in the museum building and certainly lived in the immediate area because his very first job, at 13, was as an apprentice at the Brewster Carriage Company whose building is only a couple of blocks away.

I did go to City Quilter too. My husband, of course, went with me. All the ladies were amazed that he had come with me but he is my biggest fan. He even picked out a fabric that he liked. What a wonderful spot in the middle of the big city. Nice people and a fabulous selection of fabrics and notions. They do have an online presence as well and some of their fabrics are unusual enough that one just doesn't see them everywhere. So check them out at www.cityquilter.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment