Sunday, February 14, 2016

Applying the Binding (Updated)

I am sewing the binding on A Tisket, A Tasket so for sure I will be done some time tomorrow. I have the hanging sleeve sewn together and ready to put on. I still have to make a label but some time tomorrow the quilt will be blocking and drying on the dog bed. I need a cheerful boost right now since our air is so bad that we aren't supposed to exercise outside and we can't see our 9000 foot (3000 meter) mountains.

My next project will be loosely based on Ted Storm's ElaTed quilt as well as on some china that we saw in Bordeaux last fall. If you haven't seen the quilt from the well-known Dutch quilter, you should check her work out on Google. Anyway I think it will be interesting to go back to very elaborate applique. I can hardly wait until I start the whole design and drawing process. I have no idea when I will be sewing.

Update: I did finish the quilt today except for the label but I don't have a picture. Come back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment