Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Good Reads (Books To Recommend To Friends)

I recently finished the latest two books from Mary Doria Russell. If you have never read this author you definitely should, beginning with her "science fiction" books, The Sparrow and Children of God. Those are from nearly 20 years ago but they are still timely because they deal with morals and ethics and society as much as anything else.I am not a science fiction fan but my husband convinced me to read them and after that I was hooked on her work. Her latest two books are connected to each other as well, both focusing on "Doc" Holliday and Wyatt Earp, the first, Doc, set in Dodge City, Kansas, and the second, Epitaph, set primarily in Tombstone, Arizona. Not what anyone would think of as sympathetic characters necessarily, but both books are very good. Her novels and characters are all over the map and the universe but they all resonate with moral questions that humans face daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment