Saturday, September 20, 2014

Middle Section Quilted, Essay Done

I finished the middle section of the quilt today. Because I quilt in a 16 inch hoop there are small areas where I have begun the border quilting. The inner grid is 3/4 inch square and the outer grid is 1/4 inch. That doesn't sound like much but the amount of stitching involved is much greater. One small part of the outer border took two days. If you look back at the previous photos, the "V's" created by the vine, both  upward facing and downward facing take about six or seven hours.

The young man whose mother is hovering finally finished his essay and got all his recommendations and transcripts lined up. I don't want anyone to think that I don't like parents but if your kids leave home they need to be able to leave home with confidence. Helping them too much, thinking they cannot do it without you, demeans them.

I have one more student so far asking for help this application season. Her parents didn't go to college. She is very unsure. I hope I can build her confidence without becoming a crutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment