Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Washingtonian Applique Completed

Today I finished the applique on the newest quilt, The Washngtonian. If you look the original up online you will see the differences I made, mostly to make it larger. The young couple in England for whom it is intended wanted a queen sized quilt. Of course neither one of them know that I am making this unless someone in the woman's family spilled the beans.

So I made the individual blocks slightly bigger, broadened the inner border, added an outer border, added a star to the center, changed the general flow of the vine border, added a mariner's compass and some lovebirds. My vine wanders more to avoid symmetry and I put in the loops just because I sort of enjoy making the loops with the bias strips. I am a big fan of red, yellow, and green together so I hope these young folks like them as well. Some of the quilt is in shadow and some in shade with the shaded colors looking more like themselves and the sunny ones looking more yellow. All the large leaves are the same fabric so that demonstrates the difference bright light makes.

Next I mark it for quilting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment