Thursday, December 28, 2017

A Long Way From Done

I started the current quilt project just about a year ago right after Christmas. It was originally a BOM but I bought it online as a complete pattern set. While I started right away, there were multiple detours along the way that included several smaller quilts and several long trips. So even though the top is supposedly only a 12 month project, I am far from done though the tunnel is becoming illuminated.

This is just the center section. I have one border done but three more to do and they are all at least six week projects. Then of course the whole quilt will need to be layered and quilted but this still looks like progress to me.


 I changed some of the blocks to ones I liked better and I changed the order in which the blocks and rows are arranged as well. That's what quilting is after all--each person's individual take on what is supposed to be creative anyway.




Now as long as nobody else has a baby for whom my husband thinks I must make a quilt I should be able to work without further interruptions except of course for looking for a new home, moving out, moving in, and moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment