Friday, December 15, 2017

You Can Always Say You Heard It Here First

Congress says it has the votes to pass tax reform. Luckily none of those votes will come from Democrats because disaster will ensue. There are obvious financial problems with the current bill that are baked into the plan. When the bill comes due, no one can point at Democrats for the problem, but no one can look to Democrats for the solution if their hands are tied.

In the meantime, Trump's judicial nominees are having a tough week. Two have withdrawn their names from consideration, and one (Matthew Spencer Peterson) has a video circulating that should go viral as long as his name is still being considered. The fact that he is on the election review board already should point out the insanity and inanity of Trump's picks and his decisions.

As for quilts, I did finish one of the baby quilts and gave it to the happy grandfather who then gave it to his son and his young wife. They said they were thrilled and have it where their daughter can look at it (I did warn them that quilts are not suited to infants). The second one, the one for my husband's niece,  is layered and I started quilting but then essays began arriving and my son asked if I could make a yukata for a friend of his for Christmas. Why I said yes to that request is beyond me but it is only one day of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment