Saturday, November 18, 2017

What Do You Know About Pittsburgh?

So my husband and I had decided to look at Scotland and Northern Ireland as retreat, retirement possibilities but then we found out that the UK had done away with its visa that would have allowed us to live there. Clearly we had to seek another option. We talked about what we wanted in a new place to live. Our lists included good medical care, good universities nearby, four seasons, mixed ethnicities,  and good libraries as well as a city big enough to have restaurants and museums. Pittsburgh fit all the bills so we are going to see what we can see to get the feel of the place. I lived  near Pittsburgh 60 years ago, applied and was accepted at what was Chatham College but is now Chatham University (though I attended a different college in Pennsylvania), and I still cheer for the Pirates and the Steelers, but that is our only experience in the western side of Pennsylvania.

Anyone out there who can give a positive or negative report is free to respond to this post. I have been tired of Utah practically from the moment I moved here 26 years ago but my husband has finally joined my side given the moral hypocrisy of those who profess goodness but still support Trump and his minions.

3 comments:

  1. I used to work with a woman who had lived in Pittsburg for several years. She loved it and would have returned in a minute.

    I live 45 mins from Spokane, WA. It has most of the things on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absent any other information, I have no way to thank "Unknown" so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's embarrassing to admit this but I can't figure out how to be non-unknown. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete