Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Progress On Block

I have finished part of the Album Bouquet block. The vase with all its reverse applique and curlicue handles is done. Several of the flowers around the edges of the bouquet are complete including a few of the pleated thistles. The colors are bright pinks and purples so far, though there are some red roses to come and some flowers that the pattern calls to be blue but I am still thinking about that. I like yellow flowers-tulips, roses, zinnias, sunflowers--and the designer didn't allow for many yellow flowers but each individual sewer gets to pick her own colors.

I like doing reverse applique. I know some people find it difficult or irritating but with freezer paper templates it really is easy. I still have three full blocks and three full borders to sew so I won't be finishing this any time soon. And that's just the applique and dogtooth sashing. Then comes the quilting.

I have that big old Renaissance Revival bed for when the quilt finished. Right now we have the Indiana Bullseye quilt on the bed. Most of the other quilts in the house are buried in our upstairs TV room since the bedroom where they usually reside is the room attached to the continuing bathroom project is located. The tile floor went in today, not the grout but the tile--yippee!

Now if we can avoid war with North Korea. Given two completely mental leaders, that may not be possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment