Monday, October 24, 2016

Places I Do Or Don't Want To Live

My husband and I joke about moving somewhere, probably in Western Europe, because life in the US has become so irritating. We like Europe and since we wouldn't be citizens of any of the European countries, their politics wouldn't annoy us as much as politics in the US annoy us. But I have always told him that I don't want to live anywhere the bugs are bigger than say an inch long. That even knocks out many places in the US like Florida where the cockroaches are way bigger than that and they fly. They are so big they don't call them cockroaches, they call them palmetto bugs as if that makes them unique or desirable.

Well I really enjoyed my one trip to Australia and because I didn't take my husband with me (it was a swimming competition), I have told him that we should go before we get too old to endure the interminable plane ride. After seeing this

in  the newspaper this morning, I think I have changed my mind. I didn't mind the flying foxes in Sydney but I don't want to be in the same room with a spider that hunts and carries off mice. 

1 comment:

  1. Austin, TX has a horrible issue with roaches, and some that fly too. Apartment complexes are the worst there.

    ReplyDelete