Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Jet Lag

It's funny that when I travel, I don't get much jet lag going east to Europe and losing a day, but I suffer for several days coming back west. My husband and I just got back from 12 days in Italy. We went to Florence, Emilio-Romagna, and Siena. I list Emilio-Romagna even though we did stay in a town because that was more for the Italian experience than for visiting a specific place or site. It's a lovely time of year in Italy--nice temperatures and good harvests. Our trip was a mix of famous museums and cathedrals and walking some of the St. Francis trail along with fabulous food and welcoming people. We only had one bad meal the entire time and we visited churches from the Duomo in Florence to small Romanesque churches. It's not that we are religious; it's that so much of the art, technology, and sheer effort of humans went toward building these buildings so visiting them gives one a better sense of who they were than simply visiting a building filled with paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment