Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Honestly

Recently another new teacher contacted me about scoring essays and giving feedback. He wrote that the other teachers said I was kind enough to do this service for the teachers. I wrote back that although I was more than willing to score the essays, my kindness was exaggerated.

That's my basic philosophy. If you tell the truth you won't surprise anyone later. Is it surprising to me that Donald Trump made repulsive and aggressive remarks about women? Hell no. His behavior is obvious for all to see; it's even one of the traits that those who support him think is admirable. It's his stock in trade but it doesn't make him more palatable to me. There's a difference in character between thinking that honesty is refreshing and thinking that blurting out those vulgar ideas that float around in your head is all right.  I am not even talking about political correctness but about common decency. It's easy to see that Trump went to a second tier private military academy for high school as that is the level of his personality and the imprint on his character.

No comments:

Post a Comment