Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Summer Stars

I have been working on the applique border on the Summer Stars quilt. The original quilt has all sorts of grapes and bees and flowers so I am using the same plan but with my own stamp. The original had a birdhouse on the bottom border and I wanted to keep the birdhouse but I moved it to the right side so that I could have different motifs on the bottom. There I put fruits and vegetables. There is a basket of tomatoes, some grapes, some zucchini, butternuts, and a crookneck along with two sunflowers. The left hand corner, already complete as far as the applique and embroidery goes, has a big dandelion. What's summer without dandelions, right? I made the flowers three-dimensional and the dandelion clock is worked in embroidery. That took a long time and I am not a proficient embroiderer. I am about half-way done with the left side so there is still a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment