Thursday, September 22, 2016

I Take It Back

In a previous post, I wrote that from what I know, Donald Trump's children are decent, smart people. I take that back. Like many American voters I despair of the choices that we have before us. Where I live my vote won't make any difference at all since my vote will be inundated by the votes of those who vote R (Republican) and M (Mormon). Donald Trump is not LDS but there is no doubt at all that the vast majority of local voters will choose the R even if he isn't of their same persuasion.

I don't like any of the Clintons either.  Their behavior and their choices damn them even without faint praise. Since my vote will be wiped out by other people's votes, I can choose anyone or no one. It won't make any difference here in Utah.


2 comments:

  1. One thing to consider: if you choose to vote--even if your candidate doesn't win in your state--your preference (problematic as it is this year) will be put on the record in the vote count. When people form opinions about Utah and the people there, they may be gratified to know that not everyone in Utah marches in lockstep. Votes for the "non-majority party" may eventually be significant enough to create some competitive races--or at least to encourage more moderate candidates to run, or push candidates' positions farther away from the extreme end. No doubt about it, "these are times that try (voters) souls." Nonetheless, I encourage you to cast your vote--if for no other reason than to honor the suffragettes who worked so hard for the franchise right, against men in both
    parties. Thanks for your blog--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Cranstons is right! I live in Texas and I'm an independent (voting for who I think is best for the job regardless of party), but my choices are not always with the majority since I believe in firm environmental legislation, women's rights, and better health care and education for all children. (You'd think a state full of Baptists would want the latter, but turns out that they just want it for only some.) I've always heard that if you don't vote then you can't complain or criticize if the person you wouldn't have voted for does gain office. Of course you can complain, but it lessens your argument if you didn't care enough to vote in the first place!

    ReplyDelete