Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Lovely Fall Days

The weather has been good since the storms of last week. Although Utah isn't a common location for tornadoes there were a couple that touched down a little north of here. That's good since the house I live in now was struck by a tornado about twenty years ago. Anyway, now the sun is shining and the weather is breezy and mild. Storms are predicted for later on this week.

I made this quilt in the year 2000 and donated it to a local charity fundraiser for a large area hospital. This used to be a big splashy social event but my only involvement was behind the scenes.

I posted the picture to show that yellow has always been a personal favorite. I got some grief from traditionalists for doing an album quilt with a yellow background but that's fine. Everyone has an opinion even if no one cares about that opinion.

I am having fun working on the applique border. I have reached the upper left hand of the border, moving into the top section. I used the original design as a starting point but I changed many elements to suit my own fancy. The original was sort of alternating sunflowers and grapes but mine moves from the fruit and vegetable bottom through dandelions, violas, birds and moths and then from about halfway up it is almost all sunflowers and grapes so to me they look as if they are reaching for the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment