Tuesday, June 2, 2015

You Are My Sunshine

I don't know why but I have been on a yellow fabric jag lately. When I first started quilting the selection of yellow fabrics was very limited. There was a choice of pastel and blah, or a bright background for a sprigged calico. Back then I had a hard time mixing solids and prints (I am old enough to have grown up wearing white gloves to town so I was pretty fashion repressed). Now I don't necessarily mix fabrics when I get dressed, but I have that same hard time even thinking about using solids exclusively in a quilt. But I got a bunch of new yellows in the last month or so, including one that is almost identical to that old sprigged calico. Maybe it's the coming of spring and summer. As is my habit and by now my style I am thinking of combining piecing and applique but I haven't started anything except mentally since I refuse to stop making a quilt until it is done. I am making good progress on the touching stars quilt but I have at least two weeks left and probably longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment