Sunday, November 2, 2014

Steeler Nation

This was more of a practice exercise than anything else. I can't say I love it but neither do I hate it. My next door neighbor is a crazy Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Maybe this instead of cookies for Christmas.

Of course it only took two weeks from start to finish, even with mostly hand sewing and hand quilting, so I can't expect much. It does show that no one needs to dye fabric to get the appropriate color wash.

My next project will also be pieced but there will be an emphasis on nice quilting too. I am already working on an Indiana Bulls Eye quilt so very old-fashioned design but with mostly batik fabrics in bright colors. The antique original Bulls Eye quilts were very bright colors but usually solids. The two photos I have of two different antique Bulls Eye quilts are different in what happens after the pieced rings with one having quite a bit of applique and one having none. I haven't figured out what I want to do after the center circles but I think I lean toward plainer with fancy quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment