Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Bulls Eye Quilt (Updated with photo)

I don't have any pictures yet, probably tomorrow, but this quilt is going to take some time, even using foundation piecing. I purchased a pattern online, but then found that the patterns and instructions were missing important pieces so I am making adjustments to the pattern. Still, I have the center Mariner's Compass part finished and about half of the first pieced circle done. The antique quilts that I have seen are very brightly colored, featuring pinks and yellows and reds, so my quilt will have similar color directions but I don't think I will put the extra Mariner's Compass blocks in the border. At this point I am thinking of flowers since the center compass is so bright.

I worked for about six hours on the first ring and only got halfway around. That's machine sewing and it still took that long. Now I know why I prefer applique. It isn't that I don't like how pieced quilts look but I don't really like piecing very much.

 This will be the center--the bulls eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment