Sunday, October 29, 2023


 Not that I am any kind of expert on the new fad of pet portraiture, but I don't think this qualifies as mosaic piecing. My understanding of that is that various tiny pieces go together to form a picture that depends on the persistence of vision, as Salvador Dali called it. This is usually but not always achieved with some sort of glue product whether it is iron on paper or some other type of non-sewing application. This is clearly hand pieced and appliqued.

My son's rescue dog is a miniature schnauzer. His flyaway hair was hard to show. I asked my son whether he wanted a small wallhanging or a throw pillow because at this point this can be either.    

The House Republicans picked a very odd duck for the new speaker. He is a Southern Baptist to the roots of his hair and believes entirely in the Bible. As one whose own grandmother, also a Southern Baptist, declared my marriage to a Japanese American an abomination and against biblical teachings, I worry that a new Savonarola will be leading that wing of the right. Then there are the other cultural biases associated with a biblical world view. It's always amusing to me that hard core biblical adherence has to require the suspension of logic and fact.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pup portrait. I wouldn't have thought of using any of your colors...I would have been trying to match the real colors of the pup but your choices are brilliant.
    My head is just exploding over the latest Speaker of the House who has forgotten that a basic premise of our Constitution is the separation of religion and state. What a pompous, self righteous, hypocrite. I assume he doesn't wonder what Jesus would do.

    ReplyDelete