Sunday, July 24, 2022

 I completed the quilting on the new project this morning and pulled most of the basting threads out. I did not trim it, nor did I remove any of the blue marking so it is far from finished but here is a picture:

 

The flash washed out some of the intensity of the gold fabric so it loses some of its impact. The flash also obscures the dense quilting in the center of the NY Beauty blocks. I am calling this Beauty is for the Birds. The upper right corner has the state bird of NY, both male and female eastern blue birds, plus a ladybug that is the state insect. Those are more frequently seen in the warmer months so the other birds I put on are ones that are more commonly seen in NY in cooler weather, both male and female cardinals, a black capped chickadee on the left side, and a Northern junco on the bottom. The butterflies are just for fun except the darkest one is sort of a blue imperial. The male cardinal is eyeing a fat green caterpillar, one of his favorite foods. The thistle in the lower right is just for fun as well because I like making those 3D flowers.
 

1 comment:

  1. Another exceptional finish. I really love the birds and insects you've included on the borders. Your focus and attention to detail continues to delight me (and shades of gold are not my favorites).

    ReplyDelete