Monday, June 27, 2022

 The latest pronouncement from the Trump court does not surprise me.What I want to know about the praying football coach was not covered in the lawsuit as far as I know. One of my sons played football in high school in Sacramento. He was at one time a starting defensive player and a starting offensive player on the team. The coach was LDS and literally only rewarded good Mormon boys although his story would probably be that when he called the team for a huddle either before or after a game he was trying to create a team spirit. The problem with his team spirit was that it always involved prayers to Heavenly Father and when my son objected he got benched. Of course the coach couldn't keep a good player benched but what that coach did was entirely inappropriate even if he claimed that my son was insubordinate. Insubordinate to whom, the coach or the mythical sky being that the coach wanted everyone to bow down to? 


No comments:

Post a Comment