Friday, October 26, 2018

Looney Tunes

When I lived in Utah I went to a few political rallies with my youngest son. Both of us decided to stop going because the crowds at the rallies were decidedly odd, sort of like the weird guy on the subway that you know you don't want to sit next to. So it wasn't surprising at all to me that the fellow arrested for sending out all the pipe bombs was not the sharpest knife in the drawer or that he had his very own MAGA hat and a van covered with pro-Trump stickers.

That's one of the primary reasons for Trump to soften his rhetoric. It isn't that it causes people to be crazy but that some crazy people might end up doing really stupid and/or dangerous stuff. I have a daughter in law with obsessive compulsive disorder. She is a nice woman and she and my son are still very much in love but her actions aren't always rational. If she were always rational she wouldn't be diagnosed with a mental disorder and mental disorders are just what the terms says.

I trimmed the quilt today and measured and marked the scalloped edge. I also made yards of binding so tomorrow I can get that process started. It's a queen sized quilt so it will be a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment