Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Problem With German Cars

I got all the basting done and have started the quilting, but there have been some delays caused by other issues. January is the month that my car's license plate needs renewing so I always take the car down to the dealership because I purchased an extended warranty when the regular coverage ran out. Well that turned out to be one of the smartest moves I ever made. I am not much of a trend follower, I like to hold on to old clothes, old friends, old pets, and I don't see any point in changing cars all the time. When my eight year old BMW doesn't have any issues it is a great car to drive, pretty good on gas mileage, very good in the snow and going up and down the steep hills where I live. But there have been so many issues over repairs that when people talk about fine German engineering I just laugh. To top that off all the parts are prohibitively expensive as are the repairs. Anyway, now my car has a transfer case issue, $3500 to repair that one part. It took a while to diagnose it, then it took a while to get the insurance to approve the repair. So I have been spending more time than I want to down at the dealership. The car is still not fixed since it takes time to get the part. If I were a little further along in the quilting I could just pick it up and take it with me but it's not ready for transport yet. I have been getting reading done though.

No comments:

Post a Comment