Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Night, Napoleon

I finished my Napoleon quilt the other day. As usual there are items that I would change or that affect my total satisfaction with the project but I still like the colors and the overall design. The connection to Napoleon is largely in my head and mostly informed by elements of language rather than design. I guess that makes sense.
 Here is the quilt on my bed to give some scale to the project. It is about twin size but a little short to be a bed cover.
 The center portion shows all the Winding Ways and all those "magic" circles.
 The borders are more specifically targeted to Napoleon with their references to diadems, laurel leaves, suns, etc.
.
If you look very closely you will see a Napoleonic bee quilted in gold thread in the corner. You can also see the pieces binding combining blue and gold. All the seams made the binding more difficult to apply but I do like the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment