Monday, February 10, 2014

Damp But Nice Weekend

My husband and I just returned from a trip to California for the weekend. We stayed a couple of days in San Francisco, met a friend, ate some great new meals, bought some new shoes, went to Britex. If I lived in SF I would never have enough money or enough space since I would buy shoes and fabric.

After that we drove down to Monterey for a couple of days. No particular reason except I used to live there 50+ years ago and we had never seen the aquarium. Well it was the 30th anniversary and all local residents got in free (quite the deal since adult passes are usually $39 so it was very crowded. In the exhibits we especially liked the "jellies" but outside the window we had fun watching the big fat sea lions and harbor seals and the sea otters.

It hadn't rained in 8 months before Thursday in either SF or Monterey but it rained the entire time we were there. I am not complaining since I understand completely how much they need the water, but all the rain made it tough for me to wear my nice shoes that I had packed--the red satin Charlotte Olympia cat shoes and the black satin Christian Louboutin. I don't know what it is about shoes that makes some women, including me, weak in the knees but it is a terrible vice.

I got a couple more blocks completed in the airport and in the hotel rooms. Now I have 16 left to do for the center section. Then it is on to the double border--a two inch band to incorporate some quilting from a stencil I got in Paris and a broader band featuring laurel branches, probably starting with Ellie Sienkiewicz's border and adapting from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment