Friday, May 3, 2024

 I am classified as an elderly person. Given that, I wonder why Pinterest, another Google offshoot like these blogs, sent me salacious photos of young men in tight briefs and penis pictures and dildo pictures as part of their "We thought you might like these" come ons (phrasing deliberate). Don't get me wrong. Elderly people aren't asexual but that particular selection of images was bizarre. I don't even know why anyone would want a random shot of a pile of red dildos regardless of age. I mean my feed usual is kitty pictures and dog/cat videos along with quilt photos. I am not an innocent nor easily shocked but the purpose of the feed eluded me.

My arm is still not very functional. I have an appointment with an orthopedist in a couple of weeks but all I am looking for is a steroid injection. Not only am I too old to deal with surgery again (even my last hand surgery that only took 14 minutes nearly killed me), I am also too familiar with the intricacies of shoulder surgery to expect that to be the solution. So I am limiting my sewing to at most one hour a day which means it will take a long time to make this portrait of my husband's favorite dog--our boy Spuds. I am better but not healed and smart enough to know not to push my luck.

We are eating home grown asparagus and salad greens now. Set out the tomato plants this week, have strawberry plants covered with flowers--spring has sprung and is moving on into warmer weather but not this week. The forecast is for unusually cooler weather for the next ten days with a fair amount of rain.

Trump's trial is baring all of his peccadilloes but I doubt it will make any of his voters change their minds. The unfortunate part of his current situation is that it exposes the shallow selfish man but also exposes the type of voter he attracts. We know y'all too well after this week that included crazy ass Kristi Noem. Nice folks!

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how various computer algorithms decide to send stuff to us...for me it was months of ED and penis ad emails...which have declined, thankfully. Hopefully your unwanted materials will likewise fade with time.
    Of course, with the current trump coverage, we are stuck with too much unwanted information about his inclinations as well.

    I am sorry that your arm is still causing you such pain and hope your doctor can provide the relief you need.

    I am jealous that your garden is so advanced as to be providing vegetables so early this year. Here in Massachusetts the weather has been very wet and cooler than hoped...although the grass and weeds are extremely healthy...I've never noticed so many maple seedlings in the flower beds before.

    ReplyDelete