Tuesday, January 16, 2024

 What with all of the side trips to make quilted clothing, it took me longer than expected to finish this project, one that ended very far from where it began. I made the quilted bomber jacket for son #3 and then I made a lined, appliqued kimono jacket for his wife. She must not like it because I asked her to send a picture of her wearing the jacket but that was two weeks ago and I haven't gotten anything in response. Oh well, can't make everyone happy.

This quilt was going to be a four block but then life happened and it ended up one block on point with extensive quilting. The other issue besides the DIL was that despite being prewashed one of the red berry fabrics bled like a champ. I don't know what the chemical explanation is for red fabric turning against the sewer years after pre-wash. Just another, "Oh well," moment. Since this all happened in the middle of another bout of low grade nausea this simple block turned into a chore. This started as a Kim Diehl quilt but as usual I didn't like all of the original elements so I eliminated some and added others.

This is called Persephone because it made me think of the myth related to her and pomegranates.


 Between my age and my mood my work is not as precise as I would like. Another "Oh well" or perhaps there should be a change in spelling.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a beautiful modern applique piece.
    Now I don't have a smidgen of your skill but I I think quilters forget they see whatever flaws they see only because they are too close to their work...Step back and the flaws fade beside the beauty.

    ReplyDelete