Friday, January 26, 2024

 New broom same as the old broom. Looks as though Speaker Johnson is hearing his master's voice in his head. After fussing and fighting and pointing fingers at each other over the southern border, Johnson says the border deal being worked out in the Senate will not pass the House. The reason is that Trump doesn't want any deal that gives any advantage to Biden. So the border deal is no longer a high priority at all. The hypocrisy and chicanery that this represents is stunning.

https://www.politico.com/matt-wuerker-cartoons-january-2024?slide=0

3 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed your well written commentaries on the political mess. I grew up in one of the most conservative districts in the midwest, according to Wikipedia. I predicted that Trump would win in 2016. Had anyone but a Clinton run, Trump would have lost.

    I predict that whoever runs on the Republican ticket this year will win because of Biden's age and dislike for Harris. Every day I wake up wondering how I live in a universe where Trump became President. The nightmare keeps getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the chicanery is coming from the Administration. What they want is money and agents to process more illegals. It does nothing to shut the border. We are sick of this invasion and wish it to stop. I stand with Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am appalled by Governor Abbott and his administration's wicked behavior concerning the border, women's/LGBTQ rights, the weak electrical grid and the political corruption that seems all too apparent. As far as I am concerned Abbott and his supporters have blood on their hands. Years ago evangelicals often wore WWJD bracelets ...how far many Christians have fallen.

    ReplyDelete