Tuesday, October 2, 2018

No Recourse

Mitch McConnell, unfortunately one of the homeliest men I have ever seen, flat out stated today that it didn't matter what happened with the FBI investigation--there will be a vote on Friday regardless of whether the investigation is complete or even reported to the senate. There you go all you Trumpettes--that's what Republican leaders think of your concerns and complaints. Because I know for a fact that it isn't only Democrat females who get groped, get propositioned, get sexually abused. It doesn't matter that McConnell wants to elevate Kavanaugh before the facts are in.

I sincerely hope that Flake understands that it does matter and not just to me but to millions of women. He says he feels obligated to vote for Kavanaugh because he is a conservative but there are dozens of qualified conservative judges who not only do not have questions about their past hanging over them, but their actions in the present staining their reputation. When he confronted Senator Klobuchar belligerently I knew for sure he had done what Blasey Ford claimed because he exposed himself (no pun intended) as a man who bullies women. She had not been confrontational at all; her questioning was more collegial than I had anticipated and far more personal, but Kavanaugh was ugly and angry--he practically spit at her with his contempt.

In the meantime Trump and Trump junior claim that all young boys are in danger now. Really? In danger if they grope, abuse, or rape women? Part of me certainly hopes that is true and part of me wonders what those two did when they were 15--17. I have three sons and all the women that they have dated and married have praised them as paragons of understanding. Even the young women I have tutored over the years bemoan the fact that I didn't have more sons because mine are "woke". I deplore the slang  but I understand the sentiment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment