Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Tisket A Tasket (Photo Included)

I finished the previous quilt and started the next one. It is smaller, a large crib quilt size, 60 x 45, so even though it is entirely hand-pieced, I have finished the top and marked it. I like yellow, I like  traditional, I don't like piecing, and I am not that good at hand sewing other than applique but this is more of a stopgap quilt while I solidify my thoughts on my next project which will be much more detailed and elaborate. I wrote a while ago that I was in a yellow frame of mind and the background is one of the fabrics that I purchased. It was initially intended to be the back of another quilt  but my husband thought it was too aggressive for the softer front so it became the front and the back of this one. I am old enough to remember the song, "A Tisket, A Tasket, A Green And Yellow Basket" so that is what I am calling this one.  I saw an antique quilt with similar colors in an old book called Country Quilts. There weren't any instructions and the original was bigger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment