Saturday, June 19, 2021

 My current project is moving along nicely. My husband went camping so there are no pictures yet, but it is a variation of a Sunburst quilt. Since there are numerous blocks of that name, I should identify this one as Marti Mitchell's version, made far easier by her sturdy templates. I never expected to enjoy hand piecing and hand sewing quilts but I am addicted now. I don't think that this version can be paper pieced though it could be machine sewn if I were so inclined, but sewing the short seams involved by hand removes some of the frustration that sewing errors cause if I go too fast. Plus some spots on this require spinning the pieces around a sewn spot to guarantee nice sharp points and that reminds me of origami so it's quite fun to see the nice points when the pieces are pressed.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment