Monday, May 14, 2018

Sciatica Woes and Other Comments

I have been having problems with impingement of my sciatic nerve that have impeded most of my life for the last ten days. It started with what was more clearly lumbar spine issues but those went away and left me with piriformis nerve issues affecting my right leg and buttock. Although it is never easy to deal with any of this stuff, I at least have already experienced piriformis syndrome decades ago so I have an idea of how to stretch to alleviate the problem.

That put a great deal of the new house working on hold but I am feeling better enough to start thinking about paint colors. The house is painted uniformly white but not the same white throughout. That doesn't work for me at all. Even just white is too institutional for me. What looked like white in my old kitchen was a Benjamin Moore color called White Chocolate and that subtle difference was enough to satisfy. Most of my other rooms were bright primary colors. This included bright yellow to accent the woodwork and the furniture.
 
Most of the historic houses with which I am familiar show very startling bright colors. This house was built by a Quaker so his aesthetic might have been different. Washington may have had very bright blue but a Quaker probably would not.

No comments:

Post a Comment