Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

I will finish the quilting on the new project tomorrow. I have about 20 inches left, most is just the echo quilting in the outside yellow section. As anyone who quilts knows, reaching this point is exhilarating and frightening. Luckily, I not only know what my next project is, I discussed it with the recipient. While it is unusual for me to have a recipient, most of my quilts never get seen or touched by anyone but me, I want to make a graduation quilt for the young woman entering her senior year at Harvard. She told me she liked red and green and traditional. Sweet. Baltimore Album here we come. It's funny that two of her suite mates have taken the Folklore and Mythology class during which students make a quilt. When the latest one showed her the final product, she laughed because she has seen me make quilts and her friend's was approximately placemat size.     

No comments:

Post a Comment