Sunday, December 7, 2014

It's a Snowman Year

We tied a record for high temperature in December yesterday at 58 degrees Fahrenheit. It is very warm, very dry, very unseasonable. But it is December so I decorated last week. This is a snowman year. My collection of snowmen is more varied than my collection of Santas or nutcrackers in many ways but there are almost as many of them. When they are all displayed over shelves and mantel they don't scream, "Maniac lives here!" the way that the nutcrackers seem to. They do take up a little less space since some are very small and most nutcrackers are at least 8 inches tall but they don't seem to stare out in the same way either. We don't have our tree up yet but the Christmas lights and balls are up on the outside and the Christmas quilts are out in force on the inside. Remember this one?

Here are some other Christmas themed quilts from previous years.





And here is a picture of my living room or at least one end of the room. The larger stockings were my family's stockings when I was growing up. The smaller ones represent our pets. Merry Christmas to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment