Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fidgets

I cannot remember a time when I could sit still, or at least sit still willingly. When I was very small and living in Heidelberg,courtesy of the US Army, my parents called me zappelphilipp. Even though my siblings were also pretty active I must have stood out. I found out recently that zappelphilipp syndrom is what ADHD is called in German. I suppose that's one reason quilting is so attractive to me. It may look as though I am just sitting there but I am doing something every minute; every stitch I take changes what I am working on and there are instant results though the finished product may take a long time. So now that I have gotten the book and the pattern I ordered I am already relieved that I will have projects to do when I finish the salute to Napoleon. First there is the trapunto project which will take a while. Then there are the two new projects, each of which looks like at least a twelve month commitment. So while I am only sewing the borders on my current quilt, I have something to do in to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment