Sunday, October 27, 2013

Back in the US But Not Quite Home

Once again IcelandAir was a miserable experience from start to finish. The flight from Paris to Reykavik is a little under 4 hours, then there is a layover in Keflavik Airport, then another almost 6 hours to NYC. No free food service at all and from my two travel day experiences, only enough food for purchase to reach the first ten rows. That's not necessarily a bad thing as the food for purchase looks and smells nasty but when we booked our trip there was no indication that this was an entirely budget airline with no frills at all. Every seat was filled and the plane was unbearably hot. Glad to be nearly home at this point. Living out of a suitcase is hard.

I am very excited about getting back to my Christmas cats quilt. I haven't decided if I am going to just improvise on the quilting or whether I will do some marking. Dark fabric is always problematic. I improvised on some other pieces and liked how they turned out but it is much harder on my poor left hand with the collateral ligament problems. Somehow when I improvise I make more dramatic turns which stresses the already stressed repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment