Monday, August 1, 2022

 When celebrities die I usually shrug my shoulders but a death yesterday hit a little harder. Sure, everyone dies but Bill Russell transcended simply being a sports star. The following praise says it better than I ever could:

And we hope each of us can find a new way to act or speak up with Bill's uncompromising, dignified and always constructive commitment to principle. That would be one last, and lasting, win for our beloved #6."

 

 

Another recent death revealed Trump values more than any of us could expect. Trump buried his first wife, Ivana, at his golf course in Bedminster, NJ. Was it because he loved her so sincerely? Unlikely, right? Turns out NJ does not tax cemeteries at all--no property tax, no sales tax, ....

1 comment:

  1. When I first read a comment on Ivana's burial I honestly thought it was a joke and in poor taste. I was flabbergasted when I realized it was true. Such disrespect is unbelievable although the family owes none of us an explanation. Just another reason to be glad I'm not related to that wretched group of people.

    The death of Bill Russell was a sad shock. I well remember listening to the sports news when he and his teammates brought so much excitement and joy to Bay Staters in the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete