Saturday, July 31, 2021

 So I did order more goods from Missouri Star Quilt Company to finish the gift certificate my friend had purchased because they told her they could not return any of her money, even the unused portion, unless I returned everything and more. Guess what--the same bad service happened. It actually got worse in some ways although overall the service was identical. They told me my order had been "fulfilled" but as it turns out that only means they have determined that they have the goods in store not that anything else had happened.

That alone took them four days. Then another week passed where nothing at all happened because fulfilled does not mean that the goods are on their way. Then my order was finally packaged and given to whatever FedEx service this crappy company uses. Don't get your hopes up when you get that email because Missouri Star uses the least efficient of the multiple levels of service that FedEx provides. So three days later FedEx acknowledges receipt of the package but again nothing happens for days. Just because FedEx has it doesn't mean that FedEx ships it. FedEx has different levels of service depending on what the company requires or asks. I know that because my husband worked for a company that shipped goods all the time and as the old saying says, "You get what you pay for."

Since MSQC does not require speedy delivery my package meandered across the US but I still got a notice that delivery was scheduled for this past Wednesday. From past experience I knew not to get my hopes up and sure enough I did not receive the package nor did I receive any information from either FedEx or MSQC. Then nothing for four days until today when Missouri Star had the effrontery to tell me that my package was out for delivery. Why do I say that message involved effrontery? The email said, "Your package is out for delivery; scheduled delivery Wednesday, July 27." Today is not 7/27. 

I am glad that I have used up all of the gift certificate. I never will even look at MSQC's site again. Their fabric isn't interesting, their prices are very high, and the colors on their site are not true to the colors of the fabric received. One of the fabrics I picked this time was described as a soft yellow but I can promise that it is brown. It doesn't even approximate yellow.

Be warned.

 

Be warned also about Trump. He still claims chicanery but the only chicanery came from him and his minions. When the DoJ transcripts showed that he had told the Attorney General to help in overturning the free and fair election of 2020, he shot back that he was only trying to protect the US (https://www.npr.org/2021/07/30/1022826068/notes-show-trump-pressed-the-justice-department-to-declare-the-2020-election-cor). That was just today, 7/31. If you believe that, you probably haven't gotten vaccinated and are putting the rest of us  at risk because you follow a moronic megalomaniac with serious mental issues and multiple pending criminal cases. Bless your hearts, you Trumpettes. If you want to live in a Trump land I suggest Wyoming or North Dakota.         



2 comments:

  1. It sure appears that the technology of advertising merchandise and taking orders has outstripped the ability to prepare the merchandise for shipping.
    The ability of the delivery services to deliver items on time must be nearing the breaking point...delivery trucks are like mushrooms after the rain in my area. They are allowed to stop (block street) for a maximum of 7 mins while delivering...

    I was appalled to see a headline this morning saying djt's warchest was $104 million!!

    I hope your packages arrive soon and that the items are better than you fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the item about the millions accrued. Guess the old adage of a fool and his money is still true.

      Delete