Saturday, June 5, 2021

 Okay, so Trump thinks that he can simply be reinstalled in the White House because Mike Lindell told him so. Sort of reminds me of when my sister was small and she wanted a magic wand. My mother decorated a dowel and gave it to her at which point my sister pointed the wand at my mother and said, "Poof, disappear!" 

Why am I even writing about this? Well I have posted photos of flowers that we have produced in our yard but this week there was one that fits in with Lindell's and my sister's fantasy thinking.

This is an amaryllis that arrived from nowhere. Not only did we not plant this bulb, amaryllis don't typically get planted outdoors, primarily showing up at Christmas in a box, discarded after bloom. They are definitely not frost hardy and Pennsylvania can be quite cold in the winter.

Any thoughts on this strange phenomenon?


2 comments:

  1. A floral miracle?

    Many years ago, when we lived in Oregon, the previous year's Easter lily and the Christmas Amaryllis, in separate pots, bloomed at the same time. Sure surprised me, not sure how my husband managed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly seems like a miracle and it is beautiful. I guess it revolved around my husband putting a thick mulch layer last fall when we had a tree cut down and the stump ground. Lots of wood chips did the trick.

      Delete