Friday, February 14, 2020

Another Gift Quilt Finished

For the last couple of months I have been working on a quilt for the man who was the overall project manager for our remodel. I finished it yesterday, having spent most of Wednesday (7am to 1:30pm) in the waiting room of a surgical center while my husband got his arthritic thumb repaired. He had the same surgery on his left hand a few years back and decided it was time to get the right one fixed before he got any older. He is right-handed so this one has a bigger impact for most of his activities. So I sewed my binding on the outside edge while listening to inane morning tv.

 It looks uneven but I promise that it isn't. This fellow and his wife live in an old farmhouse and like blue and white. Sixty four different blue fabrics and three different whites make this a scrap quilt but that pretty much fits the farmhouse vibe. The project came in ahead of time and under the projected budget while also avoiding any major issues so he was a good manager. Plus I need excuses to make quilts. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt.
    Are you all settled in the new old house now?I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are mostly moved in and moving on. Our wedding anniversary was last week so our sons came out from Utah. They helped hang more art--some of the very heavy stuff and some of the stuff that had to hang higher up.

      Somehow I never feel completely settled until we build and plant a vegetable garden but it looks like this winter in Pennsylvania will be a non-winter so we might get that started sooner than usual. We do have seedlings under grow lights so even that is on its way. Still tons of boxes to open to retrieve my library of literature and quilting but other than the scary basement stairs that is pretty easy.

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear things are moving along.
      Careful on the stairs, they are dangerous inventions.

      Delete