Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Gift Quilt Finished

This is my first king sized quilt. It is a gift for the adult son of someone I knew in Utah who said he liked red. I gave him a few options for a "red" quilt and he picked an Amish style. Obviously most Amish quilts were not for king-sized beds so I had to sort of make up my own way to make the quilt bigger that didn't just involve yards more black fabric. And I do admit to omitting some of the quilting that normally covers the background--it is after all for someone I have only met once and that quite briefly. So there is some sagging in the unquilted areas but since this guy thinks thread is called yarn it seems unlikely that he will realize my error.

Happy New Year everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Luckily the young man and his new fiancee love the quilt. The colors practically glow.

      Delete