Monday, April 8, 2019

New Top All Sewn

Today I finished the Wheel of Fortune top. I have wanted to make this quilt for several years, tried once before with no success at all (didn't even sew any seams), got busy doing other things, and finally came back to the project. I really like the strong nature of the quilt--the bold colors and powerful design. As I wrote before, there are many versions of this quilt. My two real departures from the classic are the wedge shaped border pieces and the corner blocks.

I still have to press it and mark it but I will be layering sometime tomorrow. Then I think I will pack up most of my fabrics to move to the new house. We have been taking inconsequential stuff over for a while to lighten the load for the real move. I don't think we need to worry about someone stealing my old flannel sheets or my boxes of ancient quilting magazines. I suppose it's possible someone might want my boxes and boxes of fabrics but it would take a truck and a pallet at the least if they wanted to get in and out quickly.

This is out in front of our house and the wind was blowing a little so there are some clean rocks on the corners to hold it down.

Trump and Stephen Miller are doing a slow motion version of the Saturday Night Massacre of Nixonian fame. 33 year old Miller has some very hard core ideas about immigration both legal and illegal and he is directing the purge of the entire DHS. Since the initials stand for Department of Homeland Security, one wonders what the blunderkind thinks he is doing by ousting the secretary, the head of the Secret Service, the head of ICE, and the head of the Border Patrol. One also wonders where the replacements will come from. Perhaps some special deal from MBS or Kim Jong Un has been reached. I cannot say I have approved of Trump's immigration or homeland security up to now, but I did understand that the folks who had the jobs had experience with cyber security, the military, the law, etc. Stephen Miller has never been anything at all but a far right party apparatchik, neither liked nor respected his entire life--incapable of organizing a groom's party in a limousine let alone your national security.

No comments:

Post a Comment